Members of the Western Service Crew will clear their throats ahead of Saturday’s Isuzu UTE A-League Men opener with news that active support will be permitted immediately.
This comes after the easing of a raft of COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria from midnight Thursday night, allowing Round 1 and future A-League Men fixtures to take place.
Active fans of both Western United and Melbourne Victory will be able to take their place in the arena, stand up and chant in support of their team with drums also permitted into the ground.
With no A-League Men game on home soil since May, the Green and Black army will be able to return in full voice at GMHBA Stadium, bringing the atmosphere to support the team in the blockbuster clash.
Along with these released restrictions, a number of other changes will also be present to ensure the fan experience is as comfortable and enjoyable as it has been for some time.
Face masks will no longer be required in or around the stadium at all, including when walking on the concourse to purchase food and beverages. Fans will also be permitted to stand while eating and drinking if they wish.
All patrons aged 12 years 2 months and over must be fully vaccinated and present evidence of this at the gate to be permitted entry in the stadium.
Tickets are selling fast and there is limited time to secure a seat ahead of kick-off. All tickets still need to be pre-purchased and all memberships still need to be redeemed ahead of the match.
Click here to secure a ticket and take your place at GHMBA Stadium for the big occasion.
See below for a full list of revised restrictions:
- Active support is allowed, with standing and chanting permitted during the match.
- Masks are not mandatory, but recommended in areas where social distancing is difficult.
- Zone management is no longer required. GMHBA Stadium will operate as one zone.
- There are no restrictions on food and beverage vertical service.
- All patrons aged over 12 years 2 months must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be granted entry. Appropriate evidence must be provided at the gate.