We are all set for our Liberty A-League Women home opener this Sunday against cross-town rivals Melbourne Victory.
City Vista will be a cauldron of football fun for everyone, with loads of things to do, eat and see.
Family Fun Zone from 2.30 PM
The synthetic pitch at City Vista will be home to the Family Fun Zone filled with loads of activities for the kids to enjoy including:
- Inflatable football fun
- Teqball tables to try out brought to us by Teqball Australia
- Kids face painting
- Free badge making with Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation
Free Western United Flags
To celebrate our first home match, we have 100 Western United flags, free for the first 100 people to visit the WUFC Merchandise Van, located outside the gate.
First chance to get your 23/24 A-League Jersey
The new season jerseys will be available for the first time on Sunday at the WUFC Merchandise Van.
The Match: Western United v Melbourne Victory
Western United and Melbourne Victory locking horns in a titanic battle filled with incredible talent on both sides.
Matildas star Logarzo and golden boot winner Keane will lead the way for Western United alongside Australian Under 23’s stars Alana Cerne and Kahli Johnson and gun new signing Grace Maher.
On the Victory side there could be a number of international stars taking to the field including Matildas trio Lydia Williams, Elise Kellond-Knight and Emily Gielnik.
Western United scored a brilliant win against Victory in Round 1 of last season and will be hoping to secure a similar result on Sunday.
But the girls need everyone behind them to make that happen and with so much happening around the game and plenty of things for the whole family to enjoy, there is no better place to be on Sunday afternoon than at the Liberty A-League.
- The match is located at City Vista Pavilion and Sports Field
- Family Fun Zone is located outside the gated area on the synthetic pitch from 2.30PM
- The Ticket Box Office is located to the left of the Georgie’s on Vista Bistro entry open from 3PM
- There is only one gate to enter the match, located next to the Ticket Box Office.
- Gates Open 3PM
- Kick-off 4PM
- This match is General Admission only with limited seating available.
- The best way to be part of the WUFC family is to become a member. A-League Women Memberships are just $60 for adults. Join ahead of Sunday to get entry to this match, visit wufcmembership.com.au.
- The Liberty A-League Pass will get kids 16 and under get free entry to this match. Sign-up for a Liberty Pass here.
- Members and Liberty Pass holders will not need to redeem tickets for this match, simply scan in at the gate with your digital or physical pass.
- Tickets for the match are available online at ticketek.com.au and at the Ticket Box Office on match day. We strongly encourage pre-purchase to ensure the best match day arrival experience.