State Government facility grants now open: what you need to know


Want to improve your club’s facilities? Then get involved with State Government grants, which are now open. Here’s what you need to know. 

Only your Council can apply for these grants – clubs cannot apply directly.

Clubs can however encourage and work with their Council to apply for the grant.

This requires focussed pre-work on each club’s part as well as adopting the right approach.

The following approach is strongly recommended and is likely to yield the best results:

  1. Unless your club has the time and/or expertise to tackle this directly with Council, it is highly recommended that you contact Football Victoria (FV), that is, your relevant club ambassador, who can provide guidance and support on how to approach this with the council.
  2. Western United will then work with your club and/or FV to provide any letters or other support to enhance your application, by stating how, as the new A-League club in your area, it will assist in increasing participation. Examples include promoting the game into schools, running low-cost school holiday programs, having academies, providing pathways and providing education to coaches.

Western United also suggests that regardless of whether Council applies for the grant, it is worth starting this work NOW for future grants so that your club is ready and in the best position possible to apply.

More info and the application process can be found here.

If you have any questions, please contact community@wufc.com.au.


Western United’s next home game is on Sunday, December 1 against Sydney FC at GMHBA Stadium. Kick-off is at 4.00 pm.

CLICK HERE to buy tickets.

CLICK HERE to become a Western United member.

WUFC v Sydney