Wyndham City Council has today issued the below statement to commence the voting process for sporting fans and residents in the west to name the Regional Football Facility and the Pavilion.
Western United encourages all of its fans to get involved and cast their votes for the naming theme of their choice.
Wyndham City is excited to invite the community to name two important sites within the Wyndham Stadium Precinct, located in Tarneit.
Wyndham City is inviting the community to formally name the Regional Football Facility and the Pavilion located within this area.
Naming of the Regional Football Facility and Pavilion will be guided by the Wyndham City Geographic Naming Policy. The policy offers naming themes as follows:
- Linking the name to a place (preserving cultural and environmental heritage)
- Using commemorative names (commemorating an event, person or place, noting that names of people who are still alive must be avoided because community attitudes and opinions can change over time)
- Gender equality (inclusive of all genders and backgrounds)
- Recognition and use of Traditional Owner languages (provides an opportunity to connect a name to place and is subject to agreement from the relevant traditional owner group)
The community is invited to select the theme which best applies to the naming of the Regional Football Facility and the Pavilion within it. Additionally, a name aligning with one of the themes can be proposed.
Following community feedback, additional consultation will be required before a name for the Regional Football Facility and Pavilion are decided.
Should the fourth theme ‘Recognition and use of Traditional Owner languages’ be chosen, further consultation will include requesting the relevant traditional owner group to offer the most suitable name for the Regional Football Facility and Pavilion sites.
To chat about the project, visit one of the drop-in sessions held at:
- Penrose Community Centre – 13 September, 11-11.30am and 2-2.30pm
- AquaPulse – 14 September, 5-7pm
- Dianella Community Centre – 15 September, 11am-3pm
- Eagle Stadium – 16 September, 11.30am-2pm
For more information and to provide your feedback by 9 October visit: https://theloop.wyndham.vic.gov.au